Nintendo eShop Update: LEGO Brawls, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Ooblets
This week’s eShop update seems more family-friendly than most. I mean, one can assume that Nintendo would say that every week has games for all ages, but this week that seems especially true, since the update is headlined by games like Disney’s Dreamlight Valley, Ooblets, and LEGO Brawls.
That’s not to say they aren’t good games, of course. LEGO games are always fun, and it’s nice to see the brand on its own rather than attached to another IP address. Likewise, Ooblets seems like an interesting take on the whole monster training genre, with house decorations and dance battles thrown into the mix.
There are plenty of other games too, so check out the full list below, and also check out the updated list from Nintendo’s Game Store, here.
This week’s Nintendo download includes the following content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Disney Valley of Dreams – Welcome to Disney Valley of Dreams! Once an idyllic land, Dreamlight Valley was a place where Disney and Pixar characters lived in harmony – until oblivion. Night thorns sprouted across the land and shattered the wonderful memories tied to this magical place. With nowhere to go, the desperate inhabitants of Dreamlight Valley have retreated behind locked doors in the Dream Castle. Now it’s up to you to discover the stories of this world and bring the magic back to Dreamlight Valley! Show your love for Disney with exclusive outfits that celebrate classic Disney park themes, as well as beloved characters like Mickey Mouse. Disney Valley of Dreams is a hybrid between a life simulation and an adventure game rich in quests, exploration and captivating activities featuring Disney and Pixar friends old and new. Disney Valley of Dreams will launch on Nintendo Switch on September 6 in early access.
- Ooblets – Grow and train adorable little creatures called ooblets while cultivating a new life in the thriving community of Badgetown. Customize your character, befriend locals, decorate your home, craft items, run your own shop, and compete in epic dance battles! You can also dress up your ooblet friends, play mini-games, and explore a variety of locations across Oob, each with their own unique characters, quests, items, and ooblets. Ooblets waddles to Nintendo Switch today!
- LEGO brawls – Build your way to the top in this light team action brawler where anything can happen. Imagine the ultimate Minifigure fighters and battle your way through all your favorite LEGO themes in the LEGO universe’s first team-based action battle game. Play with friends at home or around the world and see how you stack up against the competition. LEGO brawls will be available on September 2.
- Here is Nico! – Tadpole Inc. is looking for employees. Are you ready to be their next professional friend? In Here is Nico!, the comfortable 3D platformer for weary people, you play as Niko traveling through scenic islands. Make new friends, catch fish, solve puzzles, catch bugs and more! With Here is Nico!you are ready for the most laid back adventure of your life!
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R – All JOJOs unite! Fight for your destiny! Well known for its charismatic heroes, striking art style and unforgettable catchphrases (“Yare yare daze…”), JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R captures the over-the-top art style that is vintage JoJo. Discover the JoJo universe with powerful images inspired by Hirohiko Araki’s manga series, freely move the characters with your own hands and feel like you’re inside the manga where graphics and text meet to invoke the characteristic “ゴゴゴゴゴ”. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R will be ready for battle on September 2.
- JOIN FOR A CELEBRATION – 1st The anniversary celebration continues in Pokémon UNITE, with new UNITE licenses, new modes, and an all-new map on the way! Starting September 2, you can collect Mural Fragments for a chance to battle as a Mythical Pokémon and ranged attacker Mew! Mew isn’t the only Pokemon joining the fray – Dodrio and Scizor are also coming later this month. But that’s not all, you can battle classic Pokémon trainers, led by Galar region champion Leon, in the Legacy Trainer Showdown mode starting September 9! Additionally, starting September 2, all Ranked and Standard battles will take place on the new Theia Sky Ruins map. Expect intense battles on this map where legendary giants roam and bracing winds rush through the mountaintop stadium. For more information and to see all the new updates players can expect, check out the new trailer here or visit https://unite.pokemon.com/.
- Earn double gold points with the digital version of Splaton 3 – Here is a new opportunity for you! For a limited time, you can earn double My Nintendo Gold Points on the digital version of the Splaton 3 Game. This means you can earn 10% in Gold Points, which you can then use towards your next qualifying digital game or downloadable content. Already digitally pre-ordered? These points happen to you too – booyah! Offer ends September 30 at 11:59 PM PT.*
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch: